Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Volleyball Booga Bag




Here are the pics of the finished felted Booga Bag. I'm not totally enamored with the colors (although I usually really like turquoise and brown) -- but the girls really liked it so that's all that matters. My husband coaches Varsity girls volleyball and hands out a ball a couple times a week to the individual(s) who made an impact that day (whether it be physically, sportsmanship, helpfulness, stats, etc.). The ball receiver can then write a note, draw a pic, etc. on the ball while it is theirs before it passes on to the next. At the end of the year - the ball is awarded to whom he feels has made the largest impact throughout the season. It is interesting and motivating for the team. Last year - he stole a felted bag from my stash to hand the ball out in and gave it away with the ball at the end of the season. The girls liked it so much that he asked me to make one for this year. Of course, he asked on Thursday when the tryouts started on Monday. So I knit like a fiend and finished the bag Monday night.

No comments: