Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update

I've been a bad blogger lately. Between the baby zapping all my energy and the endless house stuff - it has been nutty. The good news is though that I'm starting to feel a bit less tired. I actually knitted a few rows yesterday for the first time in months!! I had started a Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting awhile ago. It makes me feel so much more human. Though I want a different project - I was doing it in cotton and after not knitting for a while it hurts my wrists. All of my yarn and books are trapped in storage in a different town as we are in the process of selling our house. It sucks @!$* I feel lost without my fabric and yarn. I was going to go to the yarn shop today and remembered that it's Sunday - so nothing is open. I may have to resort to desperate measures.

I leave Tuesday afternoon for the Vermont Quilt Festival with my Mom. I can't wait. I'm ready to start sewing again and want to start a quilt for the baby when I return. We are signed up for some great classes. I'll share some pictures and stories when I return next week.

I'm so glad to be going away. I can't wait to leave the craziness of showing our house for sale and looking for a new home for just a few days. I do feel a little bad that I'm leaving my husband to handle it by himself - but he'll survive. He actually likes the fact that our house is practically empty - I feel like I'm in a stranger's house and shouldn't touch anything. It's such a roller coaster ride. We had a really good open house yesterday - approximately 20 groups went through and we're hopeful that it might result in a decent offer. On the other side - we found a house we both really liked yesterday - a bit high in the price range, but it was just the right size and had most of the features we are looking for. Plus, it is the size and type that we could live in it longer than we originally planned when we first started looking. But (you knew there had to be a caveat) - someone has already put in an offer and we have no interest in getting in a bidding war no matter how great the house. We will hear late tonight or tomorrow how the offer process is going. Apparently the buyer submitted what the seller's agent termed as a really low offer and the owners weren't happy and had aggressively countered. Whatever that all means in the end. For now - it means we keep looking. At first I though it would be fun, now I just want to get it over with. I want to move, put my stuff away and start enjoying planning for our upcoming arrival. I want to buy baby stuff darn it - which you can't do until you know how big the room will be.

I hope everyone else is having a nice relaxing summer. Here's hoping ours slows down soon.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I hope you have a great time at the festival, that sounds like a lot of fun. I have been itching to get my machine out - maybe I will one of these days. House hunting is tedious - I hope you find what you want.

busy crafter said...

You are so lucky to be going to the Vermont Quilt Festival. A couple of my friends are going and I really wish I could go but we are moving my 19yo to North Carolina this weekend. I hope you and your mom have a great time!

Penelope said...

That quiting festival sounds fun! I'm practically useless with a sewing machine so I envy anyone who can actually make something with one.

My mom is looking into buying her first place so I know it's stressful, hope it all works out sooner rather than later for you.