Sunday, September 7, 2008

I assure you that

I'm still here. It's just been insanely busy with all the house goings on and baby on route. It's been a rocky road for the last few weeks. We had finally sold our house 3 weeks ago --- for oh, all of about 24 hrs before they backed out due to "financing issues." Whatever that means - you'd think you'd have figured all that out before you started house shopping and signing a contract. But - we've come around in a full circle. Three different groups made offers on our house yesterday - so we had a minor bidding war - very exciting! We ended up better off than before and are generally where we wanted to be for closings. We just need to get through the engineer's inspection this week and hopefully we'll be home free. Literally! So please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for us!

I have been doing a bit of crafty work. I cut out the pieces for the baby's quilt and purchased the fabric to make a crib skirt and bumpers from Amy Butler's new book Little Stitches. You can actually see the skirt and bumpers I'm making in the third photo on the Amazon website. I'm making the set in fabulous shades of pinks, yellows and greens from lights to dark rich shades. Can't wait - I just need to clear out the space to my sewing machine - though that might not happen until after we move. Hopefully - in the new house by late this month - 1st week in October at the latest.

In knitting news - I've been doing pretty well. I've had a lot of opportunities to knit on the go, which is perfect for baby stuff. Very portable and quick:
(all Ravelry links)

Almost finished with 2 Mason Dixon Bibs
100_4135100_4124
Yarn: Cotton Stria and Peaches & Cream

Kimono Sweater from the Mason Dixon Book:
Looks a bit like origami right now - but the last side/sleeve is almost done and I should finish the whole thing during the Bills game today.
100_4123
Yarn: Moda Dea Washable Wool (leftovers project - until I realized I miscalculated and had to go an buy another skein - now I have 3/4 of a skein to figure out what to do with LOL)

Hat from Wee-One Welcome Set
100_4129
Yarn: Berrocco Comfort (worsted)

Offset Wraplan by Sara Morris:
Just needs snaps added....
100_4133
Yarn: Socks that Rock Heavyweight in Storytime (LOVE THIS YARN!)

Pair of matching - Wee Baby Scratch Mitts
100_4131

Yarn: Leftover bits of cotton stria and socks that rock heavyweight

Also in progress - A Slip Stitch Baby Hat to match an upcoming Tulip Baby Sweater:
100_4126
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy Hat Kit - Spring Fling from Coldwater Collaborative. They have hat and sweater kits in some great colors that saves you from having to buy full skeins of Classy to the multi-color look that you want.

Plus - just a little bit of yarn stashing love for you -- we should have all known that I wouldn't survive without any yarn in the house for 3-4 months. It's like slow water torture not to be able to get to my stuff. So project yarn above plus:

Socks that rock medium weight (1-3), Chewy Spaghetti (club package), Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, Elann Peruvian Wool (for pinwheel sweater), Dream in Color Classy Tulip Kits, Karabella Aurora 8, Karabella Soft Tweed (I love sales - $3 a ball! - I have over 2000 yards - now to find the right project), Berrocco Comfort, Berrocco Comfort, Plucky Knitter Fingering (club package)
100_4118100_4116100_4114100_4111100_4106100_4089100_4086100_4078100_4073100_4069100_4071100_4099

No comments: