Saturday, April 11, 2009

Knitty Progress

I've been showing a bunch of my quilt projects lately - so you might think that I've not been doing much knitting. You would be mostly right. It's hard to find time these days after I get home from work - but I've been trying to make some headway on a few socks and a sweater.

February Lady Sweater
I may be one of the last people in the knitting community to make this sweater - but I'm really loving it. I can see why it's so popular. I've also been reading the Elizabeth Zimmerman book that contains the original children's version. Highly entertaining. I may make a matching one for my little one if I have enough yarn left. Yes, I'm that much of a dork. I'm making mine out of Blue Moon Twisted in Korppi.

100_4601

I've also been working on learning some of Cat Bordhi's sock architectures. I'm currently working on a Sky Sock in The Plucky Knitter's merino/cashmere fingering. The colorway is Colonel Brandon - it feels absolutely lovely. Yippee for Cashmere! I've got to find time to apply myself to this one sometime soon. It's just been hanging for awhile.

100_4612

The last sock is my on the go sock - since I can't mentally tackle the sky sock out and about. It is a simple rib pattern applied to Wendy Knits' Temptation Top Down sock pattern. It is has a very cool heel.
100_4611

Have a great Easter weekend. I'm hopeful for some more knitting.

No comments: