Sunday, September 27, 2009

***Blue Moon Sock Club SPOILER ALERT***

We've had a busy but fun weekend with 9 month baby photos (what a ham), a neighborhood birthday party, house chores (well this wasn't fun but necessary), sewing, knitting and sock club mail!

I did a bit of sewing today while the baby napped. The baby's finally getting on a great nap 2 per day nap schedule (and still sleeping through the night). My husband is at the Bills game. Go Bills!! - wow a fake field goal - where did this team come from! -

Sorry distracted by the game there for a minute.... Back to sewing progress.

I made a couple of sock or small project bags. I tried out a new pattern - that I think I like. Thoughts? It's a straight forward design, but it feels like it's a good one.
100_0754100_0756

It's just big enough for a small project with all the accompaniments. It has a short handle that you tuck a longer one through to create a natural closure.

I also made a little dress for Anna. [Just imagine there is a little girl in there - not paper towels]
100_0749

It's the first time I've attempted any sort of garment - so I picked a pretty easy/straight forward pattern from Indygo Junction. I think it came out pretty well. I'm hoping it will look cute with a long/short sleeve onesie underneath and leggings. It has an adjustable bow tie at the shoulder so it should fit for awhile. The pattern says it's a size 2, however, it seems small/short for that size. Though that's OK since she's in 9mos now - so it's a bit big now, but gathers enough so that it is wearable (and should last longer).

I finally washed and blocked my February Lady Sweater. I've warn it a few times, but hadn't had a chance to wash it yet. Wow - the hand wash/wool cycle on our LG Washing Machine is awesome!! I braved it with the sweater and it did a beautiful job. The sweater is made from BMFA Twisted - which is so soft and blooms wonderfully once washed. It's laying out in the foyer drying...
100_0753

A fun yarny goodness shot for you... My September Blue Moon Sock Club package arrived on Saturday.
100_0750
The photo does not do the yarn justice. It is one of my favorite colorways yet this year. I need to get knitting on my socks. Works been so busy - I haven't been able to squeeze in much lunch time knitting (in the evenings - I've been plugging away at my Trellis & Vine pullover- making good progress - I'm almost done with the body).

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Go Football Season! I love Sundays.

No comments: