Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Beginner Sweater @ LYS


100_2799
Originally uploaded by kamcole

Last night was our beginner's sweater group at my lys (www.spiritworkknit.com). It is a lot of fun, just a group of women getting together all at different stages of different projects trying to improve their knitting skills. People drift in and out of the group, so it always seems that there is a variety of people to socialize with and the shop owner, Pam is always a great help (extremely patient!).

I brought my completed sleeveless cable sweater (from the Yarn Girls, Beyond the Basics book) to show everyone. It turned out pretty good for my second sweater.

Plus, I got to spend some time working on my debbie bliss baby cardigan from the summer Vogue magazine. I'm doing the 12 mos. old version out of navy with a medium blue accent. It looks pretty good - I have the back done up to the arm shaping and am half way through the first sleeve. You work all the individual pieces to the arm shaping then move it all to circulars to work the raglan sleeves/body in the round. It's really cool!

No comments: