Monday, July 9, 2007

Read in Bed Shrug

I'm rewarding myself and starting a new knitting project tonight. I'm going to make the reading in bed shrug from the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits (free online if you subscribe their email list). I just struggled through rewinding two of my lorna's laces sock yarn that had managed to become a large tangled mess in my work bag (I like to work on socks at lunch for a little stress relief - it's amazing how much I can refocus after a short knitting spree). If anyone knows of a good way to keep this yarn in a good ball - I'd love to know - because it just seems to wind really loose no matter how much tension I use.


So - I'm going to indulge my startitis - and start an xmas gift for my boss of a cream shrug made out of GGH Soft-Kid. I made one for my mother-in-law for mother's day in a sage green that was really pretty, but I thought the pattern was a little narrow, so I'm going to add another repeat and lengthen the entire body. Hopefully, it will work out well since this is the first time I've modified a lace pattern. But this should be pretty straight forward.

No comments: