Monday, August 13, 2007

Secret Pal 11 & What to knit?

I just received my Pal assignment for Secret Swap 11!!! I am really excited to be participating - I have already started brainstorming on what types of items I might include in my package.

Wednesday is sweater group at the LYS. I'm excited, but I'm not sure what I want to start next. I finished the baby cardigan - it just needs to be blocked. I am planning on do the Fifi top (see sexy knitters club KAL), but I am short 1 ball of Rowan Calmer in the right color. The first version of the pattern I got had the incorrect yarn yardage (extremely wrong - 85 yds per ball vs. 175!) - so I'm in the process of trying to track down another ball in the same dye lot from KnitSwap. Plus - I'm doing a cardigan from the No Sheep for You book for my mom for Christmas - but the LYS ordered the yarn and it won't be in until September. So I need to pick a relatively quick project because I know I'll want to start these two once the yarn situation is straightened out. I have a bunch of Karabella Aurora Bulky that I may knit into a V-neck for me or a Children's Zip-up - I'm just not sure which I want to do. They are both from the Yarn Girls Books (beyond the basics & older kids knits). Choices, choices, choices....

No comments: