Monday, August 27, 2007

Stash Acquisition! Yarn Pron & Stuff

I received two great packages in the mail today. I love the postman. It must be one of the reasons I love swaps so much - the child in me still likes getting mail (real mail anyway - Postman if you are listening please keep bills, junk mail, especially the endless credit card applications).

The first package was my first Loopy Ewe order. They Rock!! Check it out -














I can't wait to try out the yarn when my Socks that Soar book arrives. I really want to try two circs from the toe up. How gorgeous is this colorway - Sage from Spritely Goods. It's superwash merino wool ~560 yds. I also got a sample pack of soak wash to try and see if I like it and a few might end up in some of my swap packages for my pals. Plus Sheri sent a wonderful handwritten note and a few goodies. I have to say their customer service is top notch. There are two sample cards of Regia Silk and Bamboo that feel absolutely luxurious - talk about sales encouragement (not that I ever need much); plus three cards to keep track of your needle collection (straights, circs & dpns) -- I've been needing to do this for ages. I'm going to add it to the notebook, I keep in my purse. Thanks Sheri, I'm well on my way to becoming a Loopy Groupie!

My second package was also another first for me. My first Etsy purchase. I ordered a row counter bracelet and stitch markers from Hide and Sheep.



They really are beautiful - I can't wait to try them out. I want to start a project with lots of rows just so I can use the bracelet. I also ordered 6 stitch markers, which they made to match and were nice enough to customize so that 1 is larger than the others (so I can use it as a row marker). The abacus bracelet is a really neat concept and would make a great gift for a fellow knitter. Take a look at their Etsy shop - they have all kinds and they are really reasonable. I think I'm going to get one for a friend for Christmas.

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Just joined HSKS 3. Wanted to say Hi to fellow Gryffindors.

Go Gryffindors. :)