Friday, October 5, 2007

Hint #1 - Secret of the Stole

The secret of the stole started today. It is a mystery stole KAL by the Nautical Knitter. Each week for 8 weeks - a hint is released (i.e. a chart) containing the next portion of the pattern until the full stole is revealed. There are fun contests and prizes along the way.

It is my first foray into Chart reading and adding beads to my knitting. I thought the KAL sounded like fun and that I might be able to push my comfort boundaries a bit with other people having similar questions and experienced people to assist. It has been fun reading the group emails and learning more about people. Tonight I tackled the first hint. The edge of the stole has two points that are knit separately then joined part way up to continue through the pattern. The pattern called to knit them at the same time - though because I was a "newbie" I decided to take one of the suggestions from the message board and knit them one at a time up until the "joining" row.

The right side point:

100_3290

100_3289

The pics make the yarn look a little gray - it is actually "morning mocha" by The Plucky Knitter. It's more of a creamy coffee color with a little bit of a gray tone -- I'm using 8mm seed beads in "rootbeer". I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out - while watching hockey too! Go Sabres!

Tomorrow it is off to stock class #2 to see if I can master 2 circs and a heel. After this I feel like I can conquer anything. Silly I know - it was really very easy once I got the hang of adding the beads -- great video on youtube for this if you are curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh2IVe416pc.

Happy knitting everyone! Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! Good luck with your sock class today. Have fun.