Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Knitting Progress Update

As I mentioned yesterday, I have made a bit of progress in a few of my knitting projects ----

Pictures:

Bacardi Sweater for Mom from RYC Cashsoft DK (luxurious to knit with):
100_3285

I know it doesn't look like much yet - but jeeze those rows take a long time - there's a large # of stitches when knitting the fronts/back in one piece. Love how it feels though- can't go wrong with cashmere. The colors look a little brighter in the picture than they actually are. I can't wait to see what it looks like as I get a bit farther. Good think a new season of TV shows and hockey has started!

Syltherin House Hat (from Charmed Knits):
100_3288

This one is close to being done - I'm just about ready to start the decrease and switch to DPNs - shouldn't take too much longer. Then I can do the Ravenclaw version in Blue & Silver. I'm going to give the Harry Potter themed hats + mittens to my nephews for christmas.

Last, but not least - my Dreamy Monkey Socks:

100_3287

Ohhh -I'm so in love with this pattern and the Dream in Color yarn. The petal colorway is really beautiful and it is soo smooshy and stretchy. I'm done with the lace repeats for the leg (I did one less than the pattern called for to best fit my leg) - I'm going to wait to start the heel until Saturday's sock class. I want to discuss the best approach with the teacher since I sometimes have holes where I pick up stitches on the heel flap - even if I slip the first stitch on all the short rows -- any hints?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so excited to watch the progress of your sweater - beautiful so far! I love the colors. I keep seeing monkey socks, add yours to the list and it may be the pair that pushes me over and entices me to choose that as my next sock pattern. After three pairs of ribbed socks, it is time for something a bit more challenging, although the reason I like the ribs is because I can take them anywhere and work on them without thinking.

It is rainy and humid here - maybe I will be able to stay in the house and get some work done. I know, sounds like a lot of fun. But after how busy we have been, it is much needed, and sometimes getting stuff done is relaxing. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

cheers, SP