Tuesday, October 2, 2007

FFBE Weekly Question #2

Fall Felted Bag Exchange - Weekly Question: The colors of fall tend to be oranges, yellows, crimsons, and other 'leafy' colors - what is your favorite "Color of Autumn" and where do you see it?

My favorite color is probably crimson. I love all shades of red -- it's going to sound really silly, but the first place that I "see" it is when I change my nail color for Fall. I have my nails done French (pink/white) for spring and summer then switch to painted (usually crimson or blackberry) for fall & winter. Wow - don't I sound like a prissy girly girl - which really isn't me. I just like keeping my nails short and neat and this is the easiest way.

Seriously though - the colors of Autumn for me are all summarized in the changing of the leaves - dark red maples, greens turning to yellows, oranges and browns. The turning of pumpkins, gourds and apples. Fall colors are so rich and beautiful and in NYS - you really see the rich color play every where you go.

In knitting news, my monkey socks are cruising -- I have the lace repeats and rib complete on the top of the first sock. Saturday's class will start the heel. I'm going to wait so I can perhaps learn a better way to knit the flap and pick up stitches for a nice sturdy heel. I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.

I am about half-way on a Slytherin (Harry Potter) hat for my nephew to be for Christmas. I'm going to do a matching pair of mittens and a 2nd set of hat/mittens in Ravenclaw movie colors for his brother. Plus - I started my Mom's Bacardi (No Sheep for You) sweater at the knit night tonight at the LYS. We had to do a bit of math to figure out what size to do with my yarn substitutions and the pattern alteration that I wanted to make (lengthen) - but I think we're on track and I got 2 rows done (hey - there are 244 stitches in a row!). Well I'm off to bed - I have an early dentist appointment before work tomorrow. I'll try to post some progress photos when I get home from work tomorrow evening.

Night all!

No comments: