Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Progress Update - STR Spoiler Alert

spoileralert

Well I spent most of Sunday afternoon in the LYS - It has been a joy getting back into my "fun" projects rather than work. I have been making steady progress on my Bacardi Sweater (No Sheep for You) - then hit a small point of confusion in the the left panel shoulder and neck shaping - so off to sweater help. I think we've got it figured out now - but the sleeve inset is going to be interesting. But I'm not going to think about that until I get to that point. Here's my progress so far - left side done - right side almost just a few more rows (I'm a little farther along than the last pic shows) - then I'll wrap up the back and start the sleeves.
100_3527

I'm about 75% of the way done with my first STR sock club sock. I'm really excited because I told myself I could only join and renew sock clubs if I stay on top of the packages and knit what comes. Otherwise no sock clubs for me next year. Here's to my new year's resolution - we'll see how I do.

I really like the pattern - nice simple, elegant lace pattern with a bit of stretch. The heel (short row) was new for me. Not completely pleased with how one side came out. It's a bit looser than I would have liked. Did both sides exactly the same - so I can only assume that my tension is different on the purl side. Does anyone have any tips for short row heels? Seemed to be a common problem on the STR blog and Ravelry STR Group.
100_3523100_3544100_3543

I'll leave you with some yarnny goodness. You know I couldn't go to the LYS without bringing home something.....

Fleece Artist - Sea Wool (couldn't tell you what the colorway is since it's not printed on the tag)

100_3521

Plus they are having a yarn tasting on Friday --- should be fun wine and fun new yarns to try.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

What beautiful socks! I'm working on my second (ever) sock. It's become my in-between project.

About the Noni bag zipper - ummm, I haven't looked at the directions and I don't know how it will be sewn in. I'm really just going to give it to my mom to do. I'm not much of a sew-er. Thank goodness my mom is!

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty socks and the sea wool is yummy too!

Rebecca said...

The Barcardi is amazing! You are going to have a beautiful FO.