Friday, February 29, 2008

Socks are better than medicine....

I haven't been feeling well today - so I stayed home from work. As we all know - I"m a big sock fan. I recently decided to try a new technique - knitting two socks at once on a long circular - and purchased 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan Oakes. I gave it a try, but I don't think it's for me - it's too fussy with both balls of yarn. I feel like I'm moving incredibly slow and it's very awkward. It would probably get better with practice, but I don't think I have enough patience. So I ripped it out and started over. I wasn't thrilled with the yarn I was working with - I really wanted to use some of my Dream in Color Smooshy. So I wound up some Ruby River from The Loopy Ewe and started a pair of Fawkes by Monkey Toes. I have one repeat done for the leg and am very pleased with how they are working up. The smooshy is a lovely blend of fuchsia and purple and is sooo soft. It has made me so happy -

100_3624100_3623

I hope to get some quilting done this weekend as well - I worked for a bit on my lap quilt only a little more border left. I did want to post a few pics of my projects from last weekend, as I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. It as a needle case and tool kit for a coworker's birthday in March along with some Cascade 220 for a shrug that she wants to learn how to knit. I love the fabrics and am pleased with how well the patterns came out (particularly since the needle case is one of my own).

100_3620100_3621100_3622

Have a great weekend! Stay warm....

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh, the tool kit - it's like a clutch right? I just made a couple - my mom had some magazine with the pattern. I LOVED how fast they were!

Rebecca said...

I took the tool kit you gave me to my knitting class and they all noticed it and fawned over it. Your new ones look great.