Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finished!

Wow - I can't believe how fast February has flown. I've thought about blogging, but just haven't been in the mood I guess. I did finish some knitting recently though. A few friends at work have begun knitting and were interested in completing a shrug pattern - so I pulled out a few books and they picked the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style. A really cute shrug that I had already planned to knit and had the yarn for (weird). I had purchased some Mas Acrero from Brooks Farm at Rhinebeck (NYS Sheep and Wool Festival). It is a wool/silk blend. Really nice and soft with a beautiful sheen. I only ended up using about 1/2 of the skein - so I could make another one. hmmm. we'll see.

Retro Redux (please ignore the goofy tank top - I'm in my home from work please get this suit off of me PJ's):
Needles: Addi Turbos size 8 to 10.5
Yarn: see above
Started and Completed: 1 weekend
Modifications: shortened the length of the smallest size by 3"
100_3615100_3617

I'm also making some progress on my Back to School vest from Fitted Knits. It's been slow going because I had to make a few modifications because my gauge in Cascade 220 superwash was considerably different than the pattern (even though it called for the same yarn). However, I moved it to scrap yarn and tried it on today - thank god it fits - I dreaded checking because I didn't want to redo 3-4" of ribbing. I did decide to do a few decreases at this point to bring the waist smaller and knit the rest through in the smaller size. This enabled me to fit my hips and then have a more close fit through the waist. We'll see how it goes.
100_3604

I also did some sewing this week - a new needle case and tool kit for a co-workers birthday - I'll try to post some pics this weekend. Now, I'm off to do some shopping for my Books & More Swap partner (ravelry swap). I can't wait to see what fun stuff I can find. Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: