Sunday, March 23, 2008

Holiday Weekends

Holiday weekends - aren't they great! It has been a very very nice relaxing weekend. Thursday after work, I made a trip to Sephora. Not normally my kind of trip (I hate the mall and haven't liked shopping since college unless it was online - people drive me batty). But, I was really sick of my make-up and was running out of just about everything. So time to start over - I went and had a consultation and spent a fortune. But I really like it. I came home and asked my husband what he thought - he told me I looked like me. Success as far as I am concerned - clean low-key look -not makeup hooker.

Continuing my feel good lazy weekend - I spent Friday afternoon at a local spa getting a massage, facial and pedicure with an x-mas gift certificate. Quiet bliss. I wish I could go all the time. Then, I returned home to a quiet evening with me and the dog (DH was at a Sabres game and not coming home until Saturday morning). We watched the game and movies (Live Free or Die Hard and Perfect Stranger) while knitting. Continued more of the same on Saturday (Michael Clayton & MI III) - since the boys are all watching March Madness. Basketball (except live) has never been my thing. As a result, I made some good progress on my Back-to-School Vest. It's been languishing in the WIP pile because of the endless ribbing - it was driving me nutty. It would be going faster except that I had to go down to a size 6 from an 8 needle to get a half-way decent fabric (which then required some mathnastics to get this to work). I am past the bust increases in the waffle stitch and am close to dividing for the front and back.

100_3671

I also got a lovely little package in the mail from The Loopy Ewe. Can you tell I was in a springy Easter mood when I ordered?

Gypsy Knits Sock It - 3Ply in Fairy Tree & Dream in Color Smooshy in Butter Peeps
100_3677100_3680

I was hoping that my Socks that Rock club package would arrive on Saturday since a bunch of east coasters posted that they received theirs, but no such luck. Maybe on Monday. So what I did do - decide to wait patiently? Nope! Cast on for a new pair of socks. My second Fawkes sock is almost done, but it isn't an easy one to take for waiting or in car - because I have to read the chart - I'm terrible at memorizing those kind of things. So I cast on for RPM with STR in Dixie Chick. I really like the pattern easy and repetitive, but I'm not so sure about how the color is coming together. Loved the skein, but the way it is pooling is a little sketchy. But I like how it feels so we shall keep going.

100_3676

Well I'm off to get ready for Easter. Hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend as well.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay! New socks! I cast some on, but the gauge is off, so I am going to have to go down a needle size and start again. Thanks so much for the quilt pattern link - a little warmer and I will get out my fabric. Sounds backwards, I know, but it's cold in the basement where I would have room to set everything up.

Dorothy said...

Go Sabres!

Sounds like you had a great weekend!