Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. We have been laying low and enjoying our new little girl the last week, so not much of an update. I unfortunately developed mastitis under my arm so I've been a bit under the weather. Thank goodness my Mom stayed with us for almost two weeks to help us get settled at home. She and my Dad left today - we are certainly going to miss them. I don't think my husband and I have ever eaten so well, had the house this clean and all of our laundry done.

I have been doing a bit of knitting - hopefully I can take some pictures soon. I finished Anna's blanket with all my old practice squares out of cashsoft - I'm just weaving in the last of the ends. I'm also almost done with the first sock in the November Blue Moon Fiber Arts sock club kit. I really like the pattern and colorway. Nice and simple which is exactly what I need these days. The lack of sleep and on/off fever make concentrating a bit difficult. But it is well worth the result:

Anna

I can't wait to experience all the new and wonderful things we have coming this year. It will be a year to remember. Here's to a fabulous 2009 to you and yours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Kati! I hope that you feel 100% better soon. Thanks for sharing another picture of Anna. Glad to know you're finding time to knit!

Ursula said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!!!! I hope you start to feel better soon. Happy 2009!

Rebecca said...

So cute! Hope you are feeling better soon. Happy New Year!