Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Knitty Progress

Well I haven't gotten much better about posting regularly. I'm still trying to find that balance between work, family, hobbies, friends, etc. I have been doing a bit of knitting and taking a sock class.

My February Lady Sweater has made some good progress. I've completed the body and am 3/4 of the way through the first sleeve. I love working with the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted yarn - the color is fabulous (Korppi) and it works up wonderfully.

100_0175

I've also been working on a number of socks - though progress has been minimal since I haven't had much time to work on them during lunch at work.

Sock #1 - plain jane sock - It's a basic broken rib pattern with Wendy Knits' Temptation Top-Down sock pattern. It's a neat heel pattern to eliminate the need to pick-up stitches for the gusset.
100_0181

Sock #2 - Sky Sock - Cat Bordhi New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I enrolled in two New Pathways sock classes at one of my LYS - one top-down and one toe-up. It's really helped me to get a better understanding of the book and the concepts. I'm in the process of finishing up the heel.
100_0179

Sock #3 - Riverbed - Rushing Rivulet Socks - Cat Bordhi New Pathways for Sock Knitters. Toe-up -- only the toe is done - I need to make some headway on the rest before next week's class.
100_0184

No comments: