Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bag-a-licious

You may recall months ago that I won the pockets galore demo/sample bag from D Whynn Designs on her blog. I loved it so much that I purchased the pattern to make another. I finally found the fabric I wanted over Labor Day weekend while visiting my folks.

Sample on Left - My version on Right
100_0708

I followed the pattern mostly as written. Modifications: Slightly heavier weight fusible lining (I'm very fond of Pellon 987 fusible fleece - gives structure but has a lot of flexibility), I added a key hook to the inside, and I did the handles a bit more narrow using my normal strap construction (I hate having to turn handles inside out - I suck at it. So I make my fusible about 1/2" narrower than the strap -fold over each edge to the center (about 1/4") on each side and iron to the fusible - then fold the strap in 1/2 and edge stitch both sides. easy peasy).

I LOVE the pleated pocket - very functional (I use this purse everyday and it holds everything in a very organized fashion. I'm definitely going to incorporate the pleated pocket in other bags.
100_0706100_0707

I'm hoping to do some more work on my Vine pullover and some socks today during football.
100_0656

We're ready for football season. Are you?
100_0705

No comments: