Monday, August 6, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire!

I'm so excited! This is my first swap and I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see who my match is and start crafting my package....



Here's my questionnaire:



1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love just about any fiber, but especially those that have a soft texture. I am currently in love with anything that has cashmere or alpaca in it. The only fibers I really don’t like are those that are 100% acrylic.



2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a really cool folding needle case that holds straights and circulars that my husband got at my LYS for me for Christmas.



3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I’ve been knitting for about 2 years steadily. I learned when I was younger from my mom – but didn’t really get back into it until a few years ago. I would consider myself to be intermediate.



4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.



5. What's your favorite scent?
Anything that is citrus or clean fruit smell – not very fond of forals.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Not particularly – except for peppermints.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love quilting (this I've been doing steadily since I was in my teens) and paper crafts (cards, handmade tags, etc.). I don’t spin and at this time don’t plan to pick that up. I have enough stuff with my current hobbies :O).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD).
I have pretty eclectic tastes – everything from classical, to pop/rock (Maroon 5, Train, Nora Jones, Evanescence, etc.), etc. Yes, I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Greens, teals, browns, reds, purples, creams, pinks, etc. Am not particularly fond of blue or bright neon like colors

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married with no children yet. We have an English Springer Spaniel and a Saint Bernard (part time- we baby-sit frequently for a friend). I love dogs!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of the above! I live in Western/Upstate NY - so it gets pretty cold here during the winter. I wear scarves and mittens more than hats - but love all. I've never had a poncho, but have a yearning for one. I've been thinking about what kind I would want to knit - I'm pretty petite (barely 5') so it would be nice to customize one to fit.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I really love to do baby items because the are quick and oh so cute. I also am enjoying doing sweaters and socks because of the challenge and learning experience.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am finishing up a Debbie Bliss raglan sleeve baby cardigan. Plus OTN: a lace shrug, second in a pair of ankle socks, and an afghan that is comprised of a variety of different squares practicing different stitch patterns (almost done – I only tend to work on this one when I travel since it is so portable).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love handmade gifts! I like to create them myself so it is always fun to see what other people are creating. Plus – it is nice to receive or give handmade gifts to others that do the same – since we can oftentimes better appreciate the amount of work involved.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like both straight and circular – depending on the particular project. I like bamboo and my current obsession is the addi turbo’s. I really want to try the lantern moon needles next - particularly the sock needles. I think I might like the shorter 5" DPNs better than my current 7". I'm also thinking about trying the magic loop class at the local LYS.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
6Mos.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas & Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, fabric, quilt books & patterns, knitting books, mystery & romance novels, cookbooks – anything to support my habits. I don’t really collect any sort of knick-knacks.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I recently subscribed to Interweave Knits. I’d like to get copies of Elizabeth Zimmerman’s books – I don’t have any yet, some more sock books with different techniques, quick knit project books (I have two One Skein type books - that are interesting).

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn how to do socks on circulars and from the toe up. Plus, I’d also like to try intarsia.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? [UPDATED - with additional measurements]
Yes, learning. I wear a size 6 US shoe. 8.75” long
around the ball of your foot (8"), around the arch of your foot (8.25"), around the smallest part of your ankle (8"), length from toe to back of heel (8.75"), length from the floor to where you want the sock to stop on your leg (7")


23. When is your birthday?
May 24th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Not yet. I can’t wait though! There are about 3100 ahead of me and 12,200 behind me – can you believe it?

No comments: