Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SP 11 Package #2!

I've been such a bad blogger lately. Just not that much good stuff to talk about - no one wants to hear about work work work and no knitting. But today - Good Things!! My second Secret Pal package arrived today. Made my day and then some after 12 hrs at the office. Actually prompted me to pull out my laptop which I had vowed not to do when I left the office. Without any futher delay ---- here's the goodies:

100_3450

Loads of fun stuff --- yarn goodness, fat quarters of quilt fabric - that I can't wait to turn into some fun knitting accessories, great clay button, peppermint soap and chapstick (how'd you know that I turned the house upside down yesterday looking for chapstick - winter has struck in WNY), scrapbooking paper borders, mints (always a fave with me - went right into my work bag for a pick-me up tomorrow), a cute sheep note card and the book - Friday Night Knitting Club. I've been wanting to read this book for since this summer when it appeared on a few blogs. I've had it on my Amazon wish list - I can't wait to get started.

Close-ups....
100_3455 100_3456

3 Skeins of Debbie Bliss Maya handspun wool - This is fabulous - I think I want to make some fingerless mitts and a matching unoriginal hat!
100_3452

Miss Babs sock yarn! I can't wait to try this. I have some of Miss Babs Silk/Merino blend that's been waiting for the right project (i.e. hording in my stash). The colors are a little off in this pic - it's more burgandy/wine with little hints of orange - the colorway is Falling Leaves. So seasonal - I love it!
100_3454

Thank you so much pal!! It is all wonderful and so very very me. It's funny how well you've pegged my tastes.

Small knitty update - from a few days ago:

Finished Unoriginal Hat #1:
100_3467

I really love it - easy/quick pattern. I did it on a US 10 (that's what I had handy and couldn't wait) from Tahki Baby. Next time need to go up a needle size or two ... its a bit small - will fit me fine with some minor blocking.

Seed stitch scarf - easy holiday knitting:
100_3470

No comments: