Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Back - FINALLY!!

I have been MIA for over a month. I've been working 80hrs+ a week for about 3 months with no time to do much other than work and sleep (and not much of the latter). But the project finally released this week - so it will be busy for the next few weeks, but not as bad as before -so life can get back to normal finally.

I have been doing a bit of knitting and quilting for a little bit before bed each night. I'm quite pleased with my current projects.

Fingerless mitts... Fetching with a few minor changes to better fit my small hands.

Fetching Fingerless Mitts

a Yarn Harlot Unoriginal Hat

Unoriginal Hat

A baby quilt for my youngest brother's first child. It's a panel that I added to, but the truly lovely part is the back - it's backed with Silkie (it's like a really soft plush stuffed animal). The front is flannel so it's very soft an cuddly. I would normally do something with more piecing, but haven't had the time - next time.
Baby Quilt - Duck Cole Silkie Baby Quilt

A sweater for when the baby is born. It is the free pattern Super Natural Stripes from F.Pea's Blog. I'm making it from Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora - beautifully soft and fairly easy to work with considering the cotton content. My gauge was a bit off to get the tension I wanted - so I'm making the largest size in the pattern - but it will be newborn size with my gauge. Very easy pattern and fun to work with no seaming! Just the right sleeve and front facings to go.
Cole Baby Sweater Front Cole Baby Sweater  back

Another pair of socks for me - 1 done and started the second. Cookie A's Flickr socks in
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock. They are very soft and stretchy. The only part I'm not crazy about is all the SSK's - they start to hurt my hands after a bit. I'm really liking the yarn though - which is good since I joined the sock club this year. Can't wait to see what the first package will be.

Flickr Socks Flickr Socks - Cookie A

Also making progress on my Mom's Bacardi sweater. I've just divided for the sleeves and will start the left front as soon as I finish the baby sweater - need the small circular needles. Obviously didn't make Christmas - but Mom's ok with it. She loves it and is being very patient...
Bacardi Sweater Body 2

Hopefully -- I can get back on track now. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

dandelionpicker said...

Wow the Bacardi is beautiful! I love the colors!

Rebecca said...

Yay! Your projects are fabulous - that little quilt is adorable. I am missing quilting, but all of my stuff is such a mess and packed away still that I can't even think of starting anything. The socks are fabulous, too, makes me want to start another pair of socks. I am stuck on a second sock, on the heel, but just haven't felt like working on it. I added a link to your blog on mine, let me know if that's ok! Happy New Year!